The Tibetan Community in the Nederland is a non profit organisation focused on supporting the survival of Tibetan culture and identity, and to enhance the quality of life for all Tibetan living in the local community and worldwide.
Over the last 15 years, the Tibetan community has undergone exponential growth in the Nederland. From only a handful in the 1990’s, the community is now estimated to be 400, with many more new arrivals expected in the coming years due to the deteriorating political conditions in Tibet. The increased numbers of Tibetans fleeing Tibet for Nepal and India, and other factors.
In today’s increasingly diverse and multicultural Dutch society, the goal of the Tibetan community in the Nederland is to promote cross-cultural understanding and friendship between the Tibetan community and other cultural groups in the Nederland. This will be achieved through education and awareness projects, networking to build friendships, and through shared community ethic/heritage events and festivals.
We offer our support of Tibetan based educational, culture and religious programs, while also reaching out to community members in need. While we are committed to building strong relationship within the Tibetan community through organizing events that will allow members to connect and reach out to one another.
On march 23rd,2006 the Tibetan Community in the Nederland was formally registered and incorporated under the chamber of Commerce act ( kamer van Koophandel ) as a non-profit organization in the Nederland.
Tibetan Community in the Nederland’s aim and objectives ;
1. To work for the freedom of Tibet and the Tibetan cause through the path of non-violence and peaceful ways and the right to equality for the 6million Tibetan people.
2. To preserve and promote Tibetan Culture and religion within and beyond the community in accordance with the teaching of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
3. To unify all Tibetans living in the Nederlands and to instigate corporation and mutual help amongst members.
4. To distribute the Tibetan refugee identity document ( green card ) to Tibetans living in the Nederlands.
5. Promote the education of youth Tibetan and promote understanding and friendship beyond the community.
What the Tibetan Community Does.
• Maintains and preserves the rich culture heritage and traditions of Tibet
• Provides members and others with the opportunity to learn about Tibetan culture, custom and language.
• Provides regular Tibetan language classes for Tibetan Children in our community.
• Organises peaceful protest against persecution and violation of human rights by Chinese authorities in Tibet.
• Support and participates in activities and events organized by International Campaign of Tibet and Tibet Support Groups in the Nederland.
• Raises awareness of Tibet’s dire situation and work to seek help from outside the community.
• Provides information to the newly arrived Tibetan refugees in the Nederland.
• To present a clear financial account of expenses and income of the Community.
• Organises celebrations of major Tibetan festivals such as Tibetan New years, birthday of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Human right day.etc etc.